North Middlesex University Hospital provides high quality healthcare services to people in Enfield, Haringey and surrounding areas.
Our midwifery team have this year been chosen by the Royal College of Midwives' as their Team of the Year.
What we aim to deliver is high quality clinical care, outstanding customer care and efficient organisational systems and processes.
A great focus at the trust is on improving patient safety. We are now in the second year of implementing our Patient Safety Strategy. We have NHSLA level three accreditation.
All services provide appropriate single sex facilities to patients. Since monthly recording has taken place by the Department of Health, 100% of suitable patients have been treated in single sex accommodation.
Compliant with all Care Quality Commission requirements, the Trust opened a £123 million hospital in June 2010, which was officially commemorated by the Secretary of State for Health Rt Hon Andrew Lansley MP in October 2011. This state of the art facility houses the following services:
- A 24/7, expanded adult A&E department with an integrated Acute and Urgent care Centre
- A dedicated 24/7 A&E for children
- 8 operating theatres for both planned day surgery and emergency surgery
- A diagnostics centre incorporating a £1.2 million 3-tesla MRI, 2 new CT scanners, 4 ultrasound units and a mammography unit
- A spacious outpatients department
- A Critical Care Unit, with single rooms available in order to preserve privacy and dignity and provide the best infection control measures to our most vulnerable patients
- Six other inpatient wards.
The Pymmes Building houses care of the elderly services and the Ambulatory Care Unit.
Maternity, inpatient paediatrics, respiratory, oncology, HIV/AIDS care, renal and cardiology services are housed in the Tower Block.
We look forward to opening a new Women's and Children's Centre and 120 additional adult inpatient beds in the autumn of 2013 to accommodate additional emergency and maternity patients as part of the developments being made to hospital services in Barnet, Enfield and Haringey.
Follow us on twitter @NorthMidNHS