For your first appointment, mums-to-be can self-refer or your GP can refer you. Our new bookings and referral line is 020 8887 3055 or by email at:
firstname.lastname@example.org Click baby to access a referral form »
What choices of antenatal care are available?
• midwife-led care in a community setting - see community midwifery services below
• shared care between hospital obstetricians, midwives and GPs
• consultant-led care in the hospital
What choices of birth are possible?
• home birth
• midwife-led birth centre at the hospital
• consultant-led birth centre at the hospital
What postnatal care will I get?
• early transfer home from hospital where possible
• home visits
• postnatal clinics
When in labour
If you are in labour or concerned about your pregnancy, please call the triage service on 020 8887 3682
We have the following specialist midwives in our team:
• consultant midwife for normal birth
• consultant midwife for public health (for home births)
• specialist midwives for women with diabetes
• specialist midwives and team for women with HIV
• specialist midwives and team for women with high body mass index (BMI)
• breastfeeding specialist midwife
• bereavement midwife
• antenatal and newborn screening specialist midwife
• safeguarding team with specialist midwives for vulnerable mums
• dedicated midwife for vaginal birth after Caesarean section (VBAC)
• dedicated specialist pregnancy / medical team
Women who need consultant-led care will be booked under a named consultant who will create an agreed care plan that is tailored to their specific needs.
Private en-suite rooms
We can now offer private en-suite rooms
A private en-suite room is available to NHS patients who wish to pay for the privacy of an ensuite room in our maternity ward, rather than sharing a bay with up to three other women. However, occasionally your room may be required for a woman who, for clinical or other exceptional reasons, needs to be segregated from the main ward and cared for in a separate room. If this happens, we will relocate you to an alternative room or open ward area. Your private en-suite room payment will be refunded. We may also relocate you from an amenity room to an open ward area if either you or your baby becomes unwell, as this enables our staff to keep you both under closer observation and ensure you receive appropriate care.
The cost of a private en-suite room is £80 per night (subject to availability)
*** Please note: payment is for the room only and does not constitute private midwifery care or private medical treatment. You will be cared for by the same medical staff as NHS patients.***
A private en-suite room booking form should be completed on arrival at the maternity ward. The form will request your payment details. Please note we can only accept payments by credit or debit card. Rooms will be charged per night. Checkout time is 11am.
Community midwifery services
Our five community midwifery teams provide care for women in Enfield and Haringey in the local community, especially if there are no complications or other risk factors, working from children's centres, health centres and GP clinics as well as our maternity unit. Please see team contact details below:
Enfield community midwifery teams:
Sunflower team 020 8887 4234
Poppy team 020 8887 4233
Tulip team 020 8887 4232
Haringey community midwifery teams:
Lavender team 020 3224 4422
Lilac team 020 3224 4421
Page last updated June 2016