Lots of the women we see have additional requirements, so we run lots of specialist clinics at North Middlesex University Hospital and in the Middlesex community, and provide extra support to ensure everyone's needs are met.
This includes service for women:
- With diabetes
- With HIV
- With a high BMI
- With mental health issues
- Who have blood disorders
- Hepatitis B
- Who are under 18
- Who have had a previous caesarean
- Whose babies are unwell
- Who are vulnerable
- Who dependent on alcohol or other substances
We provide a range of specialist clinics and services including:
- an early pregnancy assessment unit (EPAU)
- a maternity day unit (MDU)
- diabetic clinic
- healthy lifestyle clinic
- genetics clinic
- HIV clinic
- birth options and birth reflections clinic
- sickle cell and thalassaemia counselling
- bereavement support services
If you think you need additional support, please let your midwife know at your first appointment so it can be arranged. Your midwife may also suggest additional support for you.
Our fertility service, which is approved by the Human Fertilisation and Embryology Authority,
has been expanded in a newly refurbished department, with state-of-the-art equipment.
We provide a range of infertility assessments and treatments for couples including:
- a full range of investigations, tests and advice for males and females
- intrauterine inseminations (IUI)
- ovulation inductions
- surgery for female tubal problems, endometriosis and fibroids.
Intrauterine insemination (IUI) is a fertility treatment that involves placing sperm inside a woman's uterus to facilitate fertilization. The goal of IUI is to increase the number of sperm that reach the fallopian tubes and subsequently increase the chance of fertilization. A successful IUI procedure means couples can avoid complex and expensive IVF or intra-cytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI) treatments. For more information about IUI, click here.
Please contact your GP to arrange a referral.
Fertility clinic reception (24 hour answerphone): 020 8887 2620
Please note we do not currently provide invitro fertilisation (IVF).