Our experienced anaesthetists manage patient care in our eight main theatres, two maternitytheatres and two day-surgery theatres.
The team includes anaesthetists with specialist expertise, including obstetrics, trauma and orthopaedics, emergency surgery, urology, eye surgery, pre-operative assessment, critical care and pain management.
What we offer
The team includes anaesthetists with specialist expertise, including obstetrics, orthopaedics, critical care and pain management:
- pre-assessment service: all patients are pre-assessed by specialist nurses and information about anaesthesia, pain relief and surgery is provided through leaflets, consultations and multi-discipilinary enhanced recovery classes.
- an extensive range of regional anaesthetic and pain relief techniques are employed for patients having operations across all the surgical specialties
- innovative and evidence based anaesthetic techniques are used to improve patient safety and experience
Pain management service
- all post-operative patients with epidural infusions or patient-controlled analgesia are seen on a dail basis by the pain nurse specialists
- consultant-led pain management ward rounds twice a week
- pain relief on the labour ward is managed by the anaesthetists, including labour epidural service
- pain management consultants provide an outpatient pain management service which includes pain clinic consultations and pain management interventions (day case procedures in theatres), workly closely with community pain management services
- weekly on-site acupuncture clinic run by the ASANTE academy of Chinese medicine. Patients are referred to this service by the pain management consultants
- nurse-led TENS therapy service as part of the outpatient pain management service
Dr Gopakumar Sudhir - clinical lead for anaesthetics and pain management
Dr Prasanth Belvadi – deputy clinical director for anaesthetics and intensive care
Dr Deepak Kumar - clinical lead for anaesthetics
Dr Alice Man - consultant anaesthetist and lead for pain services, lead educational supervisor
Dr Viatcheslav Bouline – consultant anaesthetist with interest in ophthalmology, guidelines and rota coordinator
Dr Suparna Das – consultant obstetric anaesthetist, foundation year programme director
Dr Janet Ezihe-Ejiofor – consultant lead for trauma anaesthesia and obstetric anaesthetist
Dr Elizabeth Fajemirokun – consultant lead for obstetricanaesthesia
Dr Mariampillai Jesuthasan – consultant lead for ophthalmicanaesthesia
Dr Vijay Kale - consultant lead for perioperative anaesthesia and educational supervisor
Dr Puvaneswary Muhunthakumar – associate specialist in anaesthetics
Dr Chetana Nagaraj – consultant anaesthetist with specialist interest in paediatrics
Dr Shamim Sarfi – consultant anaesthetist
Dr Ranjika Seneviratne – consultant anaesthetist
Dr Shyrana Siriwardhana – consultant anaesthetist and lead for obstetrics
Dr Angukumer Thangamutha – consultant anaesthetist
Dr Rao Malleswera Vemuri – associate specialist in anaesthetists and pain management
Dr Namasivayam Yogasakaran – consultant anaesthetist
The pain management clinic is in the main building, level 1, in fracture clinic 6.
How to refer
Through a GP or doctor.
Main theatres general enquiries 020 8887 2525
Anaesthetics office 020 8887 2221
Pain management secretary 020 8887 3528 (Mon-Wed, 8.30am-2pm)
To cancel or change an appointment
Page last updated April 2016
or alternatively ring 020 8887 3663 /3664 (Mon-Fri, 8am-5pm)