A comprehensive adult inpatient and outpatient cardiology service is provided by consultants, all with specialist interests. Daily consultant ward rounds take place seeing patients under the care of the specialty, plus those referred while in hospital.
What we offer
We provide a range of services including:
- a rapid access, direct referral chest pain clinic for patients with recent onset of symptoms
- a consultant-led, direct access, chronic heart failure clinic
- twice weekly nurse-led clinics for the ongoing monitoring of stable patients
- electrophysiology clinics for the assessment of cardiac arrhythmias and blackouts
- investigation and treatment of patients with heart valve disease
- cardiac rehabilitation programmes following heart attack, coronary intervention or cardiac surgery
- non-invasive investigations which include echocardiography, exercise testing, ambulatory ECG monitoring and ambulatory blood pressure monitoring
- tilt table testing for the investigation of blackouts
- cardioversion for the treatment of atrial fibrillation
- cardiac catheterisation for the investigation of coronary artery disease and heart valve disease
- permanent pacemakers for the treatment of heart block and syncope
- comprehensive follow-up for permanent pacemakers.
Dr Mick Ozkor – specialty lead and deputy clinical director, consultant cardiologist with special interest in intervention and valve disease
Dr Syed Aysan – consultant cardiologist with special interest in pacing and electrophysiology
Dr Syed Aysan - consultant cardiologist with special interest in pacing and electrophysiology
Dr Tom Crake – consultant cardiologist with special interest in intervention
Dr Amal Muthumala - consultant cardiologist with special interest in heart failure and device implantation
Dr Antonis Pantazis - consultant cardiologist with special interest in echocardiography and inherited heart muscle disease
Dr Maradia Dushyant - consultant cardiologist with special interest in echocardiography, valve disease, non-invasive investigation for coronary artery disease and acute cardiac care.
Dr Amir Sheikh - cardiothoracic surgeon
Dr Ron Simon – consultant cardiologist with special interest in pacing and electrophysiology
Chris Dinsdale – cardiology manager
Bibi Ford – cardiology lead nurse and cath lab manager
The tower, level -1.
How to refer
Through a GP or doctor.
Cardiac investigations 020 8887 3612
Outpatient enquiries 020 8887 2862
Cardiology secretaries 020 8887 3243 / 3497
To cancel or change an appointment
or alternatively ring our call centre 020 8887 3663 /3664 (Mon-Fri, 8am-5pm)
Page last updated April 2016