The care of the elderly department looks after any medical patients over 75 years of age in the acute medical unit, critical care unit and our Pymmes building where there are three care of the elderly wards and a medical day hospital for ambulatory older patients with an older person’s assessment unit.
What we offer
Our dedicated team of care of the elderly consultants provide full cover on the acute medical unit and also assess patients in A&E.
Each patient is supported by a multi-disciplinary team and there are weekly surgical liaison rounds.
We provide the following services:
- specialist clinics for falls and Parkinson’s disease
- regular general geriatric outpatient clinics for new and follow-up patients
- daily medical day hospital sessions providing comprehensive geriatric assessment and treatment
- the medical day hospital which relocated and expanded in 2014. It provides rapid, multi-disciplinary assessments for older patients who require medical and social support but who may not need to be admitted to hospital
- regular teleconferences with primary care, social services and psycho-geriatrics to ensure seamless care for older patient
- in-reach to a number of nursing/residential homes in Enfield as part of the CHAT team
- consultant geriatrician hotline 9am-5pm,Monday to Friday
Dr Maneesh Bhargava - consultant stroke physician
Dr Maurice Cohen – clinical director for acute and general medicine, consultant geriatrician with specialist interests in falls and syncope
Dr Michael Aziz – consultant geriatrician
Dr Nina Ballah – consultant geriatrician
Dr Ben Glickstein - consultant in acute medicine and geriatrician
Dr Robert Luder – consultant stroke physician
Dr Jonathan Myers – consultant geriatrician
Dr Polia Nydenova - consultant geriatrician
Dr Sumathi Ragavan - consultant geriatrician and ortho-geriatrician
Dr Richard Robson – consultant physician
Dr Nick Rollitt – consultant geriatrician and orthogeriatrician
Dr Wit Woothipoom – consultant geriatrician specialist interest in movement disorders
Care of the elderly wards are in the Pymmes building, level -1 and level 0. The day hospital/ is located in Pymmes, level -1.
How to refer
Referrals can be made online through Choose and Book, (apart from specialist clinics and the day hospital). or GP or doctor.
Secretary 020 8887 2474 / 3311
Day hospital/OPAU reception desk 020 8887 3583
To cancel or change an appointment
or alternatively ring 020 8887 3663 / 3664 (Mon-Fri, 8am-5pm)
Page last updated January 2018