The diabetes team provide a comprehensive inpatient and outpatient service to more than 1,000 patients a month.
What we offer
The following acute and specialist outpatient services:
- consultant-led diabetic clinics
- joint diabetic renal clinic
- joint diabetic renal multi-disciplinary team
- diabetic nurse-led clinics
- daily fast track clinics for urgent referrals
- metabolic clinic
- foot ulcer clinics
- joint diabetes / vascular foot clinic
- clinic including exercise Dopplers
- erectile dysfunction clinic
- structured education for patients with type 1 diabetes
- young adult clinic
- insulin pump clinics
- retinal screening service
- joint paediatric clinic for the smooth transition of care.
- joint antenatal diabetic and medical clinic
- specialist dietetic support for inpatients and outpatients
- we support the MERIT programme through our diabetic nurse facilitator.
We also provide diabetic eye screening in Barnet, Camden, Enfield, Haringey and Islington through the North Central London Diabetic Eye Screening Programme (NCL DESP) - see NCL DESP entry.
Dr Chidanbaran Nethaji - consultant physician (diabetes and endocrinology)
Dr Anukul Garg - consultant physician (diabetes and endocrinology)
Dr Hilary Tindall - consultant physician (diabetes)
Poh Ling Fields - lead diabetes nurse specailist
Outpatients clinic 4, main building, level 0.
How to refer
Through a GP or doctor.
Secretary: 020 8887 3267
Clinic 4 reception: 020 8887 3272 / 2379
Foot ulcer clinic 020 8887 3815 / 3816
Eye screening 020 8887 2352
Specialist nurses 020 8887 3238 / 2351
To cancel or change an appointment
or alternatively ring our call centre 020 8887 3663 /3664 (Mon-Fri, 8am-5pm)
Page last updated April 2016