The department provides a comprehensive service and treats a wide range of endocrine conditions.
What we offer
We care for and treat:
- thyroid disorders such as hyperthyroidism, hypothyroidism and thyroid lumps
- disorders of calcium, including hyper and hypoparathyroidism
- vitamin D deficiency
- assessment and treatment of pituitary tumours including appropriate referral if needed to the National Hospital of Neurology and
- disorders of adrenal-pituitary axis
- investigation and treatment of disorders of sodium metabolism
- disorders of the gonads including PCOS, primary and secondary testicular failure, hirsutism and assessment of infertility
- monthly FNA clinics for early diagnosis of suspicious thyroid lumps
- both refractory and secondary hypertension including facilities for urgent 24 hour ambulatory monitoring
We also run a weekly joint antenatal medical clinic with a consultant obstetrician and a monthly joint thyroid cancer clinic with a consultant ear, nose and throat (ENT) surgeon and oncologist.
Dr Anukul Garg - consultant physician (diabetes and endocrinology)
Dr Penny Hyatt – consultant (diabetes and endocrinology)
Dr Chidambaram Nethaji – consultant physician (diabetesand endocrinology
Outpatients clinic 4 in the main building, level 0.
How to refer
Through a GP or doctor.
Endocrinology secretary 020 8887 2287
To cancel or change an appointment
or alternatively ring our call centre 020 8887 3663 /3664 (Mon-Fri, 8am-5pm)
Page last updated April 2016