For information about our vacancies please click Current Vacancies, which will direct you to all the latest vacancies in the Trust.
Benefits of working for us...
Car leasing/car hire scheme
Get a brand new car, fully maintained and insured every three years, in exchange for a ‘salary sacrifice’ – a fixed monthly reduction from your gross salary, taken before tax and National Insurance, that could cost you less than a normal personal car lease.
We run a childcare voucher scheme and invite all employees to take advantage of the scheme.
Season ticket loan
North Mid has an annual season ticket loan scheme that is paid back via monthly salary deductions.
Discounts through companies such as Health Service Discounts, Red Guava, NHS Discounts, Blue Light Card and many more.
Westendtheatre.com provides discounts and special offers to a wealth of West End musicals and plays, plus special theatre and dinner packages and hotel and theatre breaks
Sports, Arts & Social Committee
Our SASC is dedicated to organising a number of activities all year round including: shopping trips to France, football tournaments, bake off style competitions and much, much more
Simplyhealth Staff Benefits
As an NHS employee you are eligible for a staff discounted plan for your everyday healthcare appointments.
Discounted corporate gyms
Local gyms offering discounts for staff.
Pay, holiday and pension
It is a rewarding career working within your local community, and that is central to the NHS – and to North Mid. However, you’ll also need to know what to expect in terms of salary and benefits:
- Everyone who joins the NHS is guaranteed a salary that matches their ability and responsibilities, and is given every opportunity to increase it through training and development. The salary scale is dependent upon relevant transferable skills and experience.
- Outer High Cost Area Supplement is 15% of basic salary subject to a minimum and maximum amount for more information visit www.nhsemployers.org.uk
- 27 days annual leave pro rata (rising to 29 after five years’ service and 33 after 10), in addition to public or Bank Holidays
- A standard working week of 37.5 hours
- Pay enhancements to reward out-of-hours, shift and overtime working where applicable
- Career and salary progression based on the application of knowledge and skills
- Study leave for sponsored courses
- Occupational health and counselling services
- Annual personal development review to support career aspirations
- Automatic membership of the NHS Pension Scheme (unless you choose to opt out). The NHS Pension Scheme is still one of the most generous and comprehensive pension schemes in the UK.
Page last updated: February 2019