About our breast surgery service
Our breast surgery department encompasses emergency care, inpatient/outpatient care and day surgical practice.
Our Breast Surgery team has three reputable Consultant Surgeons who specialise in Breast, General & Oncoplastic surgery. Our experienced Clinical Nurse Specialists are available to support you through the cancer pathway. We provide an outstanding one-stop outpatient service, where you will receive Radiological examinations on the same day of your appointment (if you need it!).
Conditions we treat
- Benign and cancer conditions
- Oncoplastic breast surgery - Reconstructive surgery
How to prepare for your visit
If your surgery is planned
Elective pathways: comprehensive outpatient appointment, both remote and face to face, followed by all outpatient or inpatient investigations and pre anaesthetic appointment. Admission as elective day surgery or inpatient surgery. Depending on the conditions, this may be followed postoperatively in the community by the general practitioners or by our specialists in the hospital.
If your surgery is unplanned or an emergency
Emergency pathways: comprehensive and multidisciplinary inpatient assessment and investigations, followed by inpatient urgent surgery and postop or by elective pathway as needed. Postoperatively the follow up in the general practice setting or with the hospital’s specialists, depending on the conditions.
Where to find us
- Breast Outpatient Services are based in our Breast Unit – Level 1.
Refer a patient
The trust actively encourages GPs to make hospital appointments via the E-Referral system (eRS), formerly known as Choose and Book. This is because:
- It provides an immediate appointment to the patient by the time they walk out of their appointment. There is less chance of referrals going missing as it is a paperless system. It provides greater convenience to patients so that they can choose when their appointment takes place. Providing this choice reduces the chance of DNAs in hospital.
We are pleased to announce that our online Directory of Services has recently been updated so it should be easier than ever to book a patient into one of our outpatient clinics online.
GPs can make appointments via E-Referral during their consultation.
Should a convenient appointment slot not be available, please note that the trust automatically receives a list of all patients that require booking on a daily basis. The trust has a dedicated team to ensure that these patients are booked in for their hospital appointment as soon as possible.
Our referral centre team is more than happy to resolve any immediate issues you might have with E-Referral and work together to make the system more convenient for you. They can be contacted via email email@example.com.
Meet our team
- Ms Jasdeep Gahir
- Ms Bernadette Periera
- Mr Oladapo Fafemi
- Suzannah Day, Clinical Nurse Specialist for Breast
- Judy Hill, Clinical Nurse Specialist for Breast