About equality, diversity and inclusion at North Mid
Diversity, inclusion and respect for human rights are fundamental to our activities and underpin every aspect of the Trust’s work. We ensure every member of staff and patient enjoys the same opportunities and standards of care.
Our inclusion track record and achievements
- We deliver equitable services and develop benchmarks by evaluating existing processes, polices, legislation and feedback from service users and staff. This enables us to facilitate a pleasant and supportive professional environment.
- We are proud that the 2018 training analysis shows that the majority of employees, who attend CPD training, are of BAME background.
- We are also delighted that almost 85% of staff members promoted in 2018 are also BAME representatives.
- We aim to create the most positive and efficient work environment that embraces differences and meets the diverse needs of our members of staff, regardless of age, disability, ethnicity, gender, religion and sexual orientation.
- We deploy a zero-tolerance approach to discrimination and have well-established processes to deal with discrimination effectively.
Make our hospital more inclusive
- Discuss what inclusion means to you and others and ways to make each other feel valued and respected at work and what behaviours help or hinder inclusion. We encourage our staff to
- Join a staff network – currently there are four staff networks
- Become a mentor or mentee - mentoring is a great way to form new connections and share experiences that benefit your career and team-building
- Participate regularly in team meetings and Trust events
- Speak up – contact our Staff Support Officers if necessary
- Share your views - staff surveys and feedback forms
We will ensure that this commitment is embedded into our day to day working practices and that equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of everything we do as a service provider and as an employer.