Access my health records

Under the Data Protection Act 2018, you are also entitled to access your clinical records or any other personal information held about you. You should write to:

North Middlesex University Hospital
Medical records department
Sterling Way
N18 1QX

You can also email 

Please inform us immediately if you have a change in your personal information e.g. change of address, GP contact details.

If you think any of the information about you is incorrect, please contact a member of staff or contact the Trust’s Data Quality Team on Extension 3975 or the Data Protection Officer by email at

In some cases, you may have the right to restrict how and with whom we share information in your records that identifies you. If you object to us sharing your information we will record this explicitly within your records so that all healthcare professionals and staff involved with your care are aware of your decision. If you choose not to allow us to share your information with other health or social care professionals involved with your care, it may make the provision of treatment or care more difficult or unavailable. Please discuss any concerns with the clinician treating you so that you are aware of any potential impact. You can also change your mind at any time about a disclosure decision.

You also have a right to rectification.  This means that if you become aware of a mistake in your health records, you can ask the Trust to correct this.  We would normally carry out some checks ourselves, prior to amending and factual information.  Unfortunately, we are unable to remove any clinical opinions or findings which are in your health records. If you disagree with the clinical opinion, we will insert a note in the case notes or electronic record which will ensure all users are aware of your concern and opinion.