About our board
The trust is led by our Chair Cedi Frederick and interim Chief Executive Andy Heeps whilst supported by full-time executive directors and part-time independent non-executive directors appointed by NHS Improvement.
The executive directors are responsible for the daily running of the hospital and together with the non-executive directors who make up the board have collective responsibility for setting the strategic direction of the trust, ensuring its achievement against performance targets and upholding high standards of governance and probity.
The board's role is to:
- set the strategic direction of the trust within the context of government and NHS priorities
- monitor the trust’s performance against its objectives
- provide financial stewardship through value for money, financial control and financial planning and strategy
- ensure the trust provides high quality, effective and patient focused services
- ensure high standards of corporate governance, personal conduct and compliance with statutory duties.
- ensure there is effective dialogue with the local community about our plans and performance and ensure that these are responsive to their needs.
All board members are required to declare any interests.