About district nursing in Enfield
We provide a wide range of home and community based nursing services in Enfield.
The district nursing team provides a broad range of nursing services, working closely with multi disciplinary teams in the primary, secondary, community and social care systems.
What we offer
The district nursing service provides home and clinic-based services to adults in Enfield. We provide:
- Holistic assessment (including telephone assessment)
- Scheduled and unscheduled care
- Case management
- Treatment and symptom management for acute conditions
- Palliative care and end of life care
- Wound care management
- Pressure area care including assessment for equipment and manual handling requirements
- Medicines management including chemotherapy, Hickman and PCC lines following individual patient assessment and including the teaching of patients and carers
- Management and education of appropriate Specialist feeding regimes
- Continence services including assessment, management and advice to those with indwelling catheters
- Health education and health promotion advice
Who is the service for
Patients who are residents in Enfield, or registered with an Enfield GP, and aged 16 years or over.