Patients attending for chemotherapy, radiotherapy treatment or outpatient appointments are now required to have a negative lateral flow test (LFT) before coming to the hospital. You will no longer need a PCR.
This can be done the day before you are due to come to hospital. If you are receiving a course of chemotherapy or radiotherapy treatment, LFTs must be done twice a week.
Please speak to your treating team for more information.
This is to prevent and reduce the risk of spreading Covid-19 to other patients and staff.
Ordering your test
Order your LFTs from the government website which can be found here. Please follow the step-by-step guide to order:
- Once on the website above, click start now and select England as where you live.
- After clicking continue, you then select whether you have symptoms of Covid-19 or not and press continue.
- After clicking continue again on the rules for Covid-19 testing being changed, select the first option ‘You’ve been asked to take a test by a doctor or healthcare professional, or you’re eligible for Covid-19 treatments or you’re being admitted into hospital.'
- Once selected, then select the second option 'Your doctor or healthcare professional has told you to get a test because you’re being admitted into hospital for a procedure or treatment’ on the next screen and click on continue.
- On the next screen, type North Middlesex Hospital in the hospital you are being admitted to. You can then follow the suitable instructions when signing in, creating an account or continuing without an account.
- During this stage, you will at some point enter your delivery address for the tests and they will then be ordered.
If you do not have access to the internet or cannot order your test online, you can order over the phone by calling the Covid-19 helpline on 119.
Completed test results MUST be uploaded via the Government website which can be found by clicking here.
After reporting your test results - a step-by-step guide can be found below, the following applies to you. If your LFT is negative, you can attend on your day of treatment and let reception know by showing them your result when you attend.
However, if your LFT is positive, you MUST NOT come to the hospital, and you must contact the relevant team as soon as possible.
Please follow the step-by-step guide to report your LFT results:
- Go to the Government website as linked above. Click on the start now button to report your LFT result - you will need to sign in or create an account at this stage. Once signed in, answer the following questions as appropriate:
- Once the questions have been completed, you should then answer when you took your LFT and on the next screen, input the test strip ID number which can be found at the top of the test (underneath the QR code). You will then need to confirm it again.
- Then, input your details including your name, date of birth, gender, ethnic group, home address, NHS number, email address and mobile number, and then input your mobile number to receive confirmation of your result.
- The final step you will have a summary of your answers to review. Once you are happy with it you can click continue. Then click on the result of your LFT, either positive, negative or void and you'll receive confirmation of your results.