About our endocrinology service
The endocrinology service is predominantly outpatient based and is delivered by a team of five consultants and a specialist nurse. We look after a wide variety of endocrine disorders including people with complex conditions. We also perform dynamic testing on complex endocrine patients. We provide in-patient support for investigation and management of endocrine emergencies.
Our dedicated ward is T7 but we also provide in-patient support to our colleagues on other wards.
Conditions we treat
- Thyroid disorders: Hypothyroid, hyperthyroid, Goitre, Thyroid Nodules, Thyroid cancer. We also have facility to do radio Iodine treatment. Our referral centre for patients needing surgery is Royal Free NHS Trust.
- Adrenal disorders: Incidental nodules, Adrenal cancers, Phaeochromocytoma, Conn’s and Cushing’s Syndrome, Addison’s disease
- Pituitary Disorders: Pituitary tumours including Non Functioning adenomas, Prolactinomas, Cushing’s and Acromegaly; Lifelong follow up and hormonal replacement in post-operative cases.
- Bone Disorders- osteoporosis, metabolic bone disorders, Pagets disease, Hyperparathyroidism
- Lipid and Metabolic Disorders
- Endocrine disorders and management in pregnancy
- Dynamic Endocrine testing
- Reproductive endocrinology
- Endocrine clinics for patients with haematological conditions leading to Iron overload
How to prepare for your visit
You may be asked to attend for a blood test prior to your appointment with the doctor, it is important that you have this blood test carried out so the results are ready on the day of your appointment.
It is very important that you bring a list of medications you are taking with you each time you attend.
Where to find us
Our outpatient services are delivered from the Main Outpatient Department in Clinic 8. This is located on the second floor of the main building.
Refer a patient
All GP referrals need to be requested via NHS e-Referral Service (eRS)
Advice and Guidance requests can be sent via NHS e-Referral Service (eRS)
We do not accept emailed referrals or self-referrals.
Meet our team
- Dr A Garg
- Dr R Menon
- Dr C Nethaji
- Dr G Rayanagoudar
- Afizah Noobebux
Patient pathway coordinators:
- Mariam Murad
- Mohammed Neyas
- Kimberly Ellis