About our trauma and orthopaedic surgery service
Our orthopaedic department offers a wide range of services for the patients in modern facilities with state-of-the-art operating theatres.
The team has significant expertise in a broad spectrum of upper and lower limb surgical procedures. These include joint replacements and arthroscopic (key-hole) surgeries.
Orthopaedic emergencies are managed rapidly through a well-developed multi-disciplinary trauma system including routine ortho-geriatrician input.
- 7-day trauma services – all trauma cases are performed in a consultant-led dedicated trauma theatre
- Amongst the lowest waiting times for trauma surgery in London
- Amongst the lowest outpatient waiting times for new patient referrals in London
- 7-day in-patient physiotherapy service support
- 7-day a week pre-assessment clinic including joint replacement classes
- 7-day a week consultant-led ward rounds for elective and trauma services
- An enhanced recovery program for all total joint replacement surgeries
- No dislocations for primary elective total hip replacements in the last 2 years
- Well established in-house interpreter services for patients
- Consultant expertise, some of which have experience in managing sports injuries at International and Olympic level
- Wide range of teaching and training available to GPs and medical students
Conditions we treat
Acute musculoskeletal injuries including fractures, dislocations, tendon or muscle damage
Arthritis – stiff and painful joints
Bursitis, tendonitis and other inflammatory conditions
Bone and joint infections
We routinely perform:
- Hip and knee joint replacements, including revision joint replacements
- Knee ligament reconstruction, including anterior cruciate (ACL) reconstruction
- Foot and ankle surgery, including ankle replacements, ankle arthroscopy and joint fusions
- Shoulder and elbow surgery, including shoulder and elbow replacements, revision joint replacements and shoulder arthroscopy
- Hand and wrist surgery, including carpal tunnel surgery, trigger finger surgery, wrist arthroscopy, hand and wrist joint fusions and replacements and scaphoid non-union surgery
How to prepare for your visit
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic we have made significant changes to our services.
Please ensure you wear a mask to your consultation.
Do not attend your appointment if you have a high temperature, a new, continuous cough or loss of smell or taste.
Please attend your consultation unaccompanied where possible.
Where to find us
The clinic is located in clinic 7, in the main building, level 1
Refer a patient
Referrals are made through your GP.
Meet our team
- Mr H Atkinson - (hip, knee, foot and ankle surgery)
- Mr A. Bhalla - (hand and wrist surgery)
- Mr S Gadikoppula - (hip, knee and shoulder surgery)
- Mr S Jagernauth - (shoulder, elbow and hand surgery)
- Mr S Janipireddy - (foot and ankle surgery)
- Mr M Kurer - (shoulder and elbow surgery)
- Mr S. Sinha - (hip and knee surgery)
- Mr Sunil Trakru - (hip and knee surgery)
Fracture Clinic nursing staff:
- V Johnson – (Fracture clinic manager / trauma coordinator)
- A Mayuga/ N Gyam – (Deputy managers, fracture clinic)