About our trauma and orthopaedic surgery service
Our orthopaedic department offers a wide range of services for the patients in modern facilities with state-of-the-art operating theatres.
The team has significant expertise in a broad spectrum of upper and lower limb surgical procedures. These include joint replacements and arthroscopic (key-hole) surgeries.
Orthopaedic emergencies are managed rapidly through a well-developed multi-disciplinary trauma system including routine ortho-geriatrician input.
- 7-day trauma services – all trauma cases are performed in a consultant-led dedicated trauma theatre
- Amongst the lowest waiting times for trauma surgery in London
- Amongst the lowest outpatient waiting times for new patient referrals in London
- 7-day in-patient physiotherapy service support
- 7-day a week pre-assessment clinic including joint replacement classes
- 7-day a week consultant-led ward rounds for elective and trauma services
- An enhanced recovery program for all total joint replacement surgeries
- No dislocations for primary elective total hip replacements in the last 2 years
- Well established in-house interpreter services for patients
- Consultant expertise, some of which have experience in managing sports injuries at International and Olympic level
- Wide range of teaching and training available to GPs and medical students