About our radiology service
The radiology department provides a wide range of imaging services across a range of specialities including:
- plain X-ray
- magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)
- computed tomography (CT)
- nuclear medicine
- fluoroscopy and interventional radiology
Services have been developed to provide extended opening hours (including weekends) for plain X-ray ultrasound, CT and MRI appointments. The department also services the A&E department, providing access to plain X-rays and CT scans 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Conditions we treat
We are able to provide imaging for all of the specialties in the hospital and for local GPs.
How to prepare for your visit
Please ensure you read your appointment letter carefully because you may be require to fast or follow a special diet before your scan. If you did not receive or cannot find you letter please call us and we can explain.
- Plain film 24/7
- US 9am-7pm M-F
- MRI 8am-9pm M-F
- CT 24/7
- GP plain film walk in service daily between 8am-8pm
- Nuclear Medicine 9-5 M-F
Where to find us
Most of our services are located on level 0 and level 1. However we do perform some US in the maternity unit and Nuclear Medicine is located near oncology service in the podium. Please check your letter or give us a call if you are not certain.
Refer a patient
- GP Radiographic Procedure Request Form.doc [doc] 59KB
- GP Ultrasound Request Form.doc [doc] 46KB
- MRI Request form 2.2w.doc [doc] 78KB
Please use the radiology request form and email to the radiology team.
Image transfer requests
Email the completed form to our PACS team.
Meet our team
- Dr Rudi Borgstein – clinical director of radiology and pathology
- Mr Peter Hales – PACS manager
- Ms Dawn Hopkins – Head of Service
- Dr Daniel Bell – consultant radiologist
- Dr Karwan Faraj – consultant radiologist
- Dr Peter Lai – consultant radiologist
- Dr Sashin Kaneria – consultant radiologist
- Dr Francesca Ng – consultant radiologist
- Dr Tom Conner - consultant radiologist
- Dr Hesham Safar-Aly – consultant radiologist
- Dr Ali Nakhosteen - consultant radiologist