About our colposcopy sevice
An invite for colposcopy follows the result of your cervical screening test at your GP surgery or if you have symptoms and your GP feels that an examination of your cervix would be helpful for a diagnosis.
Conditions we treat:
- Abnormal smear results
- Post-coital bleeding – bleeding following sexual intercourse
- An abnormal-looking cervix when having your smear taken
How to prepare for your visit
If a female nurse or doctor is required, please request this before the date of your appointment.
If you think you may have your period on the day of the appointment, please reschedule your appointment.
Please try to abstain from sexual intercourse or applying lubricants for at least 24 hours before your appointment.
You can eat & drink normally as you do not need to fast for this appointment.
Where to find us
We are situated on level -1 in the Maternity Building, inside Womens Outpatients.
Meet our team
- Mr Josep Llahi-Camp - consultant in obstetrics & gynaecology and lead colposcopist
- Mr Abiodun Fakokunde - consultant in obstetrics & gynaecology
- Ms Thamara Wijayaweera - specialist registrar in obstetrics & gynaecology
- Beverly Carvalho - nurse colposcopist and clinical nurse specialist in gynaecology
- Melinda Austin - colposcopy nurse
- Joadel Mafuta - gynaecology nurse
- Colleen Mitchell - healthcare support worker
- Yaarty Penith - healthcare support worker
- Lenitsa Mastakouli - healthcare support worker
- Wendy Smith - colposcopy co-ordinator
- Nese Izzet - colposcopy admin